BT has established X-Stream Service Centres to deal exclusively with maintaining Kilo Stream digital private circuits.
Before you contact an X-Stream Service Centre, you should:
- Ensure that the fault is in the private circuit or NTU and isn't due to your own wiring or terminal equipment.
- Ensure that all plugs are properly connected and that there is power to the equipment.
- Ensure that any non-BT maintained equipment is working.
- Check that you cannot resolve the problem yourself .
If the fault is with the private circuit or the NTU, please call your nominated X-Stream Service Centre.
If the fault is with your international Kilo Stream private circuit, please call the number provided in your customer hand over information.
When you call, you'll need to give the following information:
- The circuit reference number, which you'll find on the cover of your NTU.
- The name and phone number of the person in your company whom we can contact while the fault is being traced. When the line is clear, we will inform the same person.
- A description of the fault.
BT X-Stream Service Centres are manned by specialist staff who have access to computer-aided facilities to speed the handling of any problem with your Kilo Stream private circuit. These facilities include access to alarm information.
The X-Stream Service Centre staff will keep you informed of progress made towards restoring your service, and will report back to you when service has been restored.
You can report a problem at any time of the day or night, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Just click on Contact us on the right of this page.
If you report a problem outside normal office hours (0900 to 1700,Monday to Friday), you will need to state if access to your premises is available outside normal office hours.
Note: X-Stream Service Centre staff don't have test access to equipment beyond your NTU, nor can they provide diagnostic information about equipment beyond your NTU.