How do I remove Call Barring?
- Check that you are dialling the correct sequence. To cancel barring all incoming calls, dial #261#. To cancel barring all outgoing calls, dial #34 code * pin #. You should hear the message Call Barring is cancelled. For further information on using Call Barring, please see Using Call Barring .
- Ensure you are using the correct four digit PIN. In some BT exchanges the Call Barring service locks after three failed attempts. If you suspect that this is the case, please contact us.
- For barring outgoing calls, ensure that you are canceling the correct option. Dial
*#34#. You should hear one of the following messages, depending on the option currently set:
- Option 1 Outgoing calls are barred
- Option 2 Outgoing national and international calls are barred
- Option 3 Outgoing international calls are barred
- Option 4 Calls to operator services are barred
- Option 5 Network services are barred
Option 7 Outgoing calls are barred
Note: Option 5 also restricts your ability to access your Call Barring and other network services, for example, 1471. If you find that this is the problem, remove Option 5 by dialling #345*PIN#.
- Ensure that the telephone is set to tone dialling. If the telephone does not have tone dialling or is already set to tone dialling and is still not accepting the request, please try using another telephone.