How do I change my wireless network name (SSID)?
When combined with disabling SSID broadcasts (see How do I disable the broadcast of my wireless network name (SSID)?), this helps to hide your network. It is more difficult for an unauthorised user to guess the name of a hidden network if you have chosen the name yourself.
When choosing a new SSID, we recommend that you avoid anything that could identify it with your company. Avoid, for example, your company name or location.
To change your SSID:
- Go to the security section of your Hub's control panel. For detailed instructions, please see Finding the security section of your BT Business Hub's control panel.
- Scroll to the Network section.
- In the Network Name (SSID) field, enter a new name.
You may be asked to enter your Hub password. If you haven’t changed it, your password is the same as the serial number on the bottom of your Fibre Hub.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save button.
- Reconnect any devices that were previously connected to the new network name.
If you have already disabled the broadcast of the name, you will need to enter the new name of your network manually on any devices that you wish to connect to your Hub.