Which BCM (Business Communications Manager) do I have?
The images below will help you identify your BCM control unit version (system hardware). The control unit is a grey box, similar to a desktop PC with the following logo:
- Nortel (software release 1 to 5)
- Avaya (has release 6 software)
There are several software releases for each control unit. The launch date is a guide as to which release you have, but your system may have been upgraded. Use the BCM PC application - Unified Manager/ Element Manager (on later systems) - or a web browser to confirm.
There are several BCM 50 control unit styles with slightly different front covers.
You can find the software release of your BCM 50 using either Element Manager or web browser.
- BCM 50 release 1 and 2 - launched February 2006 and March 2007
- BCM 50 Release 3 - launched March 2008
- BCM 50 Release 5 - launched December 2009
- BCM 50 Release 6 - launched October 2010 *
* If you have an Avaya logo on the control unit instead of Nortel then you have release 6
All releases of BCM 450 use Element Manager, a client-based management application that runs on Nortel devices.
You can find the software release of your BCM 450 using either Element Manager or web browser.
- BCM 450 Release 1 - Date launched October 2008
- BCM 450 Release 5 - Date launched December 2009
- BCM 450 Release 6 - Date launched October 2010 *
* The main physical difference on Release 6 is the Avaya logo on the system instead of Nortel
You can find the software release of your BCM 200 using either the Manager software or via a web browser. Follow the appropriate link:
- BCM 200 up to Release 3.7 - Dates up to June 2005 - uses Unified Manager software
- BCM 200 Release 4.0 - Date launched January 2007 - uses Element Manager software
As with the 200, BCM 400 uses Unified Manager for early releases and Element Manager for release 4.0.
You can find the software release of your BCM 400 using either Manager software or a web browser.
- BCM 400 up to Release 3.7 - Dates up to June 2005 - uses Unified Manager software
- BCM 400 Release 4.0 - Date launched January 2007 - uses Element Manager software
BCM 1000 uses the Unified Manager application.
Finding the software release with Unified Manager software.
- BCM 1000 Release 2.0 to 2.5 - Dates launched September 2000 to July 2002