How do I install Element Manager on my PC?
Element Manager can be installed on your PC from the Business Communications Manager CD or installed directly from the BCM 50.
See How do I use Element Manager to change the BCM programming? for further information on opening and logging into Element Manager.
To install from the BCM 50 CD:
- Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive
- If it does not auto load, open the CD and open the Start.pdf file
- At the bottom of the right hand menu click Install Software
- Click the BCM 50 Element manager link and follow the instructions from step 9 below
To install Element Manager directly from the BCM 50 follow the instructions below:
- Point your web browser at the BCM 50 IP address (http://10.10.11.1) if the PC is plugged into the OAM port on the BCM 50, or http://<BCM 50 LAN ip address> if the BCM is on your LAN
- Select YES on the Security Alert
- Enter the user name (default = nnadmin) and password (default = PlsChgMe!)
- Click on Administer Applications
- Click on BCM50 Element Manager
- Click on Download Element manager
- Select Run to start the download process
- If you see a Security warning, click yes
- Follow the prompts to install Element Manager, until you reach the Choose Shortcut Folder screen
- When you reach the Choose Shortcut Folder screen, it is recommended that you leave the default setting of Other and click Next
- Follow the rest of the prompts to install Element manager
Note: BCM Monitor will also be installed if it is not detected on your PC.
If you have a BCM50/450 Release 6 you can run Element Manager from the Application Launcher.
Browse to the system's ip address, select BCM, Business Element Manager and then click on run.