Itemisation of GPRS by date and time has no direct relevance to when the data was actually used- hence the reason why we do not include itemisation on the bills for GPRS.
- With a call, you are billed at the time it was made and billed by duration.
- With a text we bill at the time it was sent.
- With GPRS, a browser can remain open for several hours/days/weeks if customer does not close it down and each web site has a different download file size.
- Data usage it is not billed by duration but kb file size.
- If you have a GPRS “ event” or “ billing line” at 02:31am - it does not mean you were using the internet at that time in the morning. It could be your auto email settings creating a billing line or an open web browser.
You may see GPRS charges for the same time each day that you are abroad. This is the anti-virus check to the network but should only use approx 12k to check for updates and viruses.
- This is for your own safety similar to McAfee Net Protect scan on BT Broadband.
- International roaming charges for GPRS will also be raised if you have email settings on auto.