Check the following before commencing:
- A virtual loop has been configured on the Meridian 1 (LD 97)
- The i2004 Internet Telephone has been configured on the Meridian 1 (LD 11)
Make sure that you have the following information to hand:
- Node ID and set TN (or VTN)
For automatic first-time installation of the i2004 Internet Telephone follow these simple instructions:
- Connect the i2004 Internet Telephone components:
a. Connect one end of the handset cord to the handset jack on the back of the telephone identified with a handset icon.
b. Connect the other end of the handset cord to the handset.
c. Connect one end of the CAT-5 line cable to the Ethernet jack on the back of the telephone.
d. Plug the AC Power adapter into the connection on the back of the telephone. Be sure to thread the cord around the strain relief, retaining hook, and channel provided for a secure power connection.
e. Plug the AC power adapter into the nearest power outlet. Check your i2004 Internet Telephone User Guide for country-specific parameters.
- Secure the telephone foot stand to the base of the telephone. Use the angle adjustment grip on the top back of the telephone to adjust the position.
- Power-up the i2004 Internet Telephone.
- Connect the i2004 Internet Telephone to the LAN using the supplied Ethernet cable. The i2004 Internet Telephone automatically proceeds through its DHCP sequence.
Do not plug your i2004 Internet Telephone into an ISDN connection. Severe damage can result. Consult your system administrator to ensure that you are plugging your set into a 10/100BaseT Ethernet jack.
- The i2004 Internet Telephone prompts you for a node number and TN.
Enter the node number and TN on the keypad.
- Automatic i2004 Internet Telephone configuration is complete.
If the TN has not been previously configured on Meridian 1 or an invalid TN is used, a message is displayed on the screen of the i2004 Internet Telephone indicating "Invalid TN."
Only trained system administrators can make these changes:
learn how to get trained