Office 365 features can be accessed on your computer via a browser or desktop software.
After you've signed in to the Office 365 portal you can set up your computer to work with Microsoft Office 365 Small Business. This involves installing software from the Office 365 downloads page.
Once set up, you will be able to:
- Use Skype for your workplace connection for instant messaging and online meetings including audio and video.
- Use your BT Business username / Microsoft Online Services ID (e.g. email@example.com) to sign in to Office 365 from your desktop applications.
To set up your computer for Office 365, simply:
- Log in to Microsoft Office 365.
- On your first log-in you will see the Get started with Office 365 page. On subsequent log-ins you may be directed to the web version of Outlook. Your software options will be displayed, select your language option and select either the 32-bit or 64-bit version, then select Install.
- Under Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, select Set up. The Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup tool starts.
- Log in using your
BT Business username / Microsoft Online Services ID (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office 365 desktop setup will check your system configuration. If it completes without detecting any problems, you'll be given the options to configure your desktop applications and learn more about the updates Office 365 desktop setup will install.
- After you have selected the
applications you want to configure, select
Continue, review the
service agreements, and then select
I accept to begin installing updates and configuring desktop applications.
- Important: Some of the applications may have shaded check boxes. This can occur if your account has not been provided to use this application or if you do not have the required applications already installed on your computer.
- When the installation and configuration have completed, you may have to restart your computer to complete the installation and configuration processes.
- After running Office 365 desktop setup, a shortcut to the Office 365 portal will be added to the Start menu on your desktop.