How do I set up BT Business Email Lite on my iPhone/iPad?
You can set up your iPhone or iPad to send and receive emails from your BT Business account using Microsoft Office 365.
Here, we'll show you how to set up a new account on your device, leaving your old account unaltered (and still on the device). We recommend that you follow these steps to add a new account, rather than altering your existing account, as altering the existing account could cause you to lose your mail.
Although the steps shown here are correct in principle, some of the detail may differ on your device. You may see slightly different text on your screen or a button may have a slightly different name, and so on. This is because there are so many devices and software versions around that we cannot cover all of the variations.
Setting up POP email on your iPhone/iPad:
- Go to your iPhone/iPad home screen and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Scroll down and tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Put the name you want people to see when they get mail from you in the Name field.
- Enter your BT Business username in the Address field. For example, email@example.com or, where you have registered a custom domain, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your BT Business password in the Password field.
- In the Description field enter the name you want to use to identify the account.
- Tap Next. If you get an error message at this point, tap OK.
- Make sure that POP is selected at the top of the screen.
- In the Incoming Mail Server section, change the Host Name to outlook.office365.com
- Now enter 995 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
- Then scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section and change the Host Name to smtp.office365.com
- Now enter 587 in the Server port and set SSL to on.
- Tap Save.
- Your settings will now be verified and you'll then see your Account screen. This may not happen automatically, so simply tap btconnect account to access your email.
We've based the steps above on the latest version of iOS.
But if you're not on the latest version, don't worry: just follow the principles and use the server settings at the bottom of the page. You should be OK (the user guide for your device should give you more detail, too).
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Incoming Mail Server: Server Port 995
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.office365.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: Server Port 587
- Username: your full email address
- Use SSL: set to ON for both incoming & outgoing mail server
If you want to call, email, or chat online with us, click Contact us on the right of this page.