Changing wireless or SSID settings on your BT Business Hub 3
To ensure that you have the strongest possible protection for your wireless network, your BT Business Hub 3 automatically has WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) wireless security enabled. To make things even more secure you can hide your network by disabling the SSID broadcast.
The steps below show you how to change either of these.
- Open your web browser and browse to http://btbusinesshub.home to open the Hub Manager.
- Click the Settings tab.
- You will be asked to enter your admin password.
- Click on Wireless.
- Change your Security setting or set Broadcast SSID: to No.
For example, to change to WEP from the more secure WPA:
- Click WEP (64/40 bits)
- Set a wireless key for the network. The key will need to be 10 characters long and use a combination of the letters a-f/A-F and numbers 0-9. You should enter a strong key - something that's easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess - and keep a note of it somewhere safe. You'll need this new key to reconnect your wireless devices to the Home Hub once the change is complete.
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes. Any devices connected wirelessly to your BT Business Hub 3 will be disconnected (including the computer you're using if it's connected wirelessly). To reconnect these devices, simply change their set-up using the new wireless key you've just chosen.
If you do decide to switch your network over to WEP, there are some things you can do to improve your online security.