Outgoing Server Settings:
Step by Step Instructions
- Open Outlook. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard appears, on the first page of the wizard, click
Next. Then, on the
E-mail Accounts page, click
Next to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the File tab. Then, just above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
- Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
Internet E-mail and click
- Select POP3 form the Account Drop Down.
- In the 'Incoming mail server' field type outlook.office365.com
- In the 'Outgoing mail server' field type smtp.office365.com
- In the Username field type in your full email address
- In the Password field enter your email password
- Click on More Settings.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Tick My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Ensure the radio button next to
Use the same settings as my incoming server is selected and click
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Incoming server field enter 995.
- Tick This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- In the Outgoing server field enter 587.
- From the drop down menu next to
Use the following type of encrypted connection select
- Click OK.
- Click on Test Account settings and a results window will be displayed.
- Click Close to continue. A confirmation screen will be displayed.
- Click Finish. A list of email accounts will then be displayed.
- Click Close.
You should now be able to send and receive emails.