Setting up your iPhone for data access with a BT Business Mobile SIM
This is really important: if you're migrating to our new service, we recommend that you follow these steps using your old SIM before you pop the new one into your iPhone. If you’re a BT One Phone customer, your settings are slightly different, click here.
Before you start the download, you'll need to remove any existing configuration files you've previously installed. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
- Connect your iPhone to the internet (using wi-fi if you don't already have mobile internet access).
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Go to www.bt.com/business/iphonesettings
- From your iPhone, not your computer, click on the link below to download the configuration file.
Download the iPhone config file here >
This file only contains the settings you need to get online. We've digitally signed it so you can be sure it's safe.
- Click Install.
- Click Install Now.
- If asked, enter your devices Pin number.
- It's now installed. Click Done (you'll return to your browser).
After 30 seconds you'll be able to get on the internet over BT's Mobile Network. Sometimes things don't go smoothly and if that's the case, make sure you check out our FAQs.
MMS & Tethering
If you're migrating to our new service and want to send multimedia messages or want to use your iPhone to share your internet connection, you'll have to wait a little longer (sorry).
We’re working to fix this, so please be sure to check back here for updates.
However, if you're an existing customer who joined BT Business Mobile before July 2014 and haven't moved to our new service then you can follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen on your phone, select Settings.
- Select Mobile (it may be called Cellular).
- Select Mobile Data Network (it may be called Cellular Data Network).
- Over type the existing settings with the BT settings (note the settings in bold should already be in there if you installed the configuration file above. You can change them however changing them has no effect if you have installed the configuration file.
- Select the Back tab at the top of the screen.
- Press the Home screen then power the handset off and back on.
- Retest using the Safari browser.
|MMS Max Message Size||307200|
We've based the steps above on the latest version of iOS and can't guarantee that they won't change or stop working at any time. Unfortunately the iPhone isn't part of our product portfolio, you'll need to contact apple for any queries about your device.