Setting up an Exchange email account on your BlackBerry Z10
Exchange ActiveSync lets you synchronise email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes. To set up an exchange email account, in this case a BTconnect email address, follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen - drag down from the top and select Settings
- Select Accounts.
- To create an additional account select Add Account (bottom of the screen).
- Select Email, calendar and contacts.
- Enter your BTconnect email address and select Next.
- Enter your BTconnect password and select Next.
If you have a BTconnect account, the Z10 will automatically detect the settings and set up the account up for you.
If you have email from a third party the auto detection may fail. If this happens you will have to enter additional details. The failed warning screen will allow you to proceed as follows.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Activesync.
- If the information isn't automatically populated you'll need to scroll down the screen & enter the following details for your account:
SSL - ON or OFF
Your service provider should be able to help with this.
- Once complete select Done, the screen will return to the setup page. You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.