How do I redirect my domain name to another website?
You can easily forward your domain name to another website by following the steps below. If you want to do something else, like point your domain to another web server, see our article on setting up DNS records.
- Sign in to Manage services.
- In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain name. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
- Click the Manage button next to the domain name you want to forward.
- In the
Website field at the top of the page, enter the full internet address of the website you want to point your domain name to (for example, http://home.btconnect.com/yourcompany).
You can also choose URL or Frame forwarding. See What is the difference between frame and URL forwarding?
- You can test that the address you've typed in is working by clicking on the test link.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
It might take up to 24 hours for your change to fully take effect.
If you're having problems or getting error messages, submit your request here.