What do I need to access the Internet, using a mobile data network?

To access the Internet using a mobile data network (HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS), a supported mobile data access card, or USB Modem, and a SIM card provisioned for the mobile network are required.

BT Access Manager supports the following cards and USB Modems:

  • ZTE MF823 (see note below)
  • ZTE MF636
  • ZTE MF631
  • Huawei E220
  • Huawei E170
  • Huawei E180
  • Huawei E620
  • Huawei E870
  • Option GlobeTrotter Fusion
  • Option GlobeTrotter 3G Quad
  • Option GlobeTrotter 3G Plus
  • Option GlobeTrotter HSDPA
  • Sierra Wireless 850
  • Sierra Wireless 875
  • Sierra Wireless 880


If you have a ZTE MF823 USB modem, with a ZTE logo on it, don't install BT Access Manager. Instead, follow the steps in Installing the ZTE MF823

Support for Huawei E220, E170, E180 and E870 requires them to be set up without the automated Huawei plug and play software that may be installed by default. This software conflicts with BT Access Manager.


Artboard 1 copy 2 Contact us

Chat online, call or email us.

Contact us