The interfaces and delivery specifications are as follows:
- A dedicated fibre delivered NTE is provided at your site locations delivering a copper or fibre Ethernet interface (dependant on speed). The NTE is powered by standard 240V mains. Provision of a UPS is at your discretion.
- The NTE will be configured to provide a copper 10BaseT or 100BaseT (RJ-45) interface or a fibre 1000BaseSX (SC) interface. All interfaces are available as full duplex only.
- BT do not support the use of auto-negotiation for this service, interface speeds will be pre-configured.
- A range of fibre access speeds are available and the following table illustrates the interface options available for each fibre access speed:
Fibre access speed
Customer interfaces available
The standard offer is 100BaseT with the option of 10BaseT as an interface feature.
100Mbit/s Standard, Secure & Resilient Access Option 2
1Gbit/s Standard, Secure & Resilient Access Option 2
- details of BT Ethernet interfaces can be found inSIN 360 available to view at www.sinet.bt.com.
- Standard access is defined as a single fibre/fibre pair connection between the NTE and the nearest BT Node.
- Secure access is defined as two fibre pairs between a single NTE and a single BT Node, which are routed diversely using reasonable endeavours. Secure access provides a single Ethernet interface presentation.
- Resilient access option 2 is defined as two standard access circuits routed between 2 different NTE and two different BT nodes.
- Each circuit bandwidth between your sites will be symmetric at your end location, with bandwidths available at:
- 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10Mbit/s for 10BaseT.
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100Mbit/s for 100BaseT and for 1000BaseSX.
Upgrades to circuit bandwidths can be implemented within a few days provided the sum of all bandwidths on that interface does not exceed the access speed. Where the access speed is changed, timescales for upgrades will be longer and you may incur a break in service.
- For Point-to-Point service and networks with up to 16 interconnected sites using 100BaseT access the MegaStream Ethernet service is transparent across the BT network to 802.1Q VLAN tags, STP BPDUs (IEEE802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w) and 802.1p bits.
- No flow prioritisation is performed by the service. All traffic is treated equally.
- For 10/100 access, the Maximum Transmission Unit size (MTU) for MegaStream Ethernet service is 1534 bytes, enabling up to two VLAN headers plus two MPLS headers (or any combination thereof) to be supported.
- For GbE access, the MTU is 1534 bytes.