BT has established service centres to deal with maintaining MegaStream digital private circuits.
Before you contact your service centre, you should:
- Ensure that the fault is in the private circuit and isn’t due to your own wiring or terminal equipment.
- Ensure that all plugs are properly connected and that there is power to the equipment.
- Ensure that any non BT maintained equipment is working.
- Check that you cannot resolve the problem yourself .
If you’ve made these checks and are sure the fault is with the MegaStream private circuit or the NTE, please call your nominated service centre.
When you call, ensure that you have the following information to hand:
- The circuit reference number, which you’ll find on the cover of your NTE.
- The name and telephone number of the person in your company who we can contact while the fault is being traced. When the fault is resolved, we will inform the same person.
- A description of the fault.
The service centre staff will keep you informed of progress made towards restoring your service and will report back to you when service has been restored.
You can report a problem at any time of the day and night, seven days a week, 365 days a year. If you report a problem outside normal office hours (0900 - 1700, Monday to Friday), you will need to state if access to your premises is available outside normal office hours.
Service centre staff don’t have test access to equipment beyond your NTE, nor can they provide diagnostic information about equipment beyond your NTE.