Business Pack Web Hosting and Advanced Web Hosting require a primary domain name to be allocated before you can make use of the features. Before you activate your web hosting package, please ensure that you have ordered a domain name . For further information on how to do this, please see How do I order a domain name?
To activate your account:
- Log into My BT Business account.
- Click on the Manage services link at the top of the page.
- In the
Web Hosting section, click on the
Manage Web hosting link.
If a Register a domain name to activate this web hosting package is displayed, you'll need to order a domain before you can activate your account. For further information on how to do this, please see How do I order a domain name?
- Click on
The page lists all the domain names associated with your account that are available as primary domain names. Domain names that are already acting as primary domain names on other hosting packages are not listed.
- Select the domain name that you wish to use as your primary domain name. You can choose any domain name on your account to act as a primary domain name. You do not have to choose the domain name which you received bundled with your hosting package.
- Enter the FTP password that you want to use. Passwords are case sensitive, must be eight characters or more in length and must contain at least one letter and number.
- Click on the Save changes button.
- If you are happy with your web address, click on the Yes button to activate your hosting otherwise click No to modify any settings.