Wireless network devices automatically broadcast certain information, including the network name (SSID). Unauthorised users can use this to find and connect to your network.
You can disable the broadcast of your SSID, which will help to hide your network from casual browsing. Anyone who wishes to connect to your network will then have to enter the network name manually.
To disable broadcast of your SSID:
BT Business Hub 3
- Open your web browser and type 192.168.1.254 or http://btbusinesshub.home into your address bar. Tap the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click the Settings tab
- Enter in your admin password and click on Ok. If you've not changed this you can find it on a card slotted into the top of your hub.
- Click on the Wireless tab.
- Next to the Broadcast SSID option select the radio button labelled No.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Apply button.
BT Business Hub 2700/2701
- Open your web browser, enter 192.168.1.254 and press the ENTER key.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the LAN tab, which appears below the Settings tab.
- Click on the Wireless link, which appears below and to the left of the LAN tab.
- Scroll to the Network section.
- Uncheck the SSID Broadcast box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save button. You may be asked to enter your Hub password. If you haven’t changed it, your password is the same as the serial number on the bottom of your Fibre Hub.