Before you insert the ZTE USB modem into the USB port, check that:
- AutoPlay is enabled.
- The ‘User Access Control’ is enabled.
If AutoPlay is disabled, please see How do I install the ZTE MF636 on Windows Vista or Windows 7 with AutoPlay disabled?.
To install the ZTE USB modem:
- Plug the ZTE USB modem into the USB port. Windows detects the USB Modem as a USB Mass Storage Device and installs the drivers automatically:
Note: The ZTE USB modem is in ‘cdrom’ mode.
- Once the device driver software installation is complete, AutoPlay automatically prompts you to Run autorun.exe.
- Click on the Run autorun.exe link: An Account Control dialog is displayed, stating that ‘A program needs your permission to continue’.
- Click on the Yes button.
- The BT Access Manager Setup Wizard is displayed
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once setup is complete, click on the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.
- Once installation is complete, BT Access Manager is launched automatically and the ZTE USB modem then installs the modem drivers.
- Once the ZTE USB modem drivers are installed, BT Access Manager then detects the ZTE USB modem and starts initialising your mobile device.
- The icon in BT Access Manager will begin to flash as the ZTE USB modem is initialised.
- Once the icon has turned green, a connection can be made to the BT Mobile network.
- Click on the centre button in the middle of the dialog to connect to the Internet.
- The ZTE USB modem is now fully installed.
To see the Quick Start Guide's, please view the following:
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents.