You can only download a VAT invoice if you've registered for an online account and you've opted for paper-free billing.
If you still get your bill in the post, this bill is your VAT invoice. Because of HMRC rules, if you receive a paper invoice, the bill you can download online will be marked 'Copy'.
If you're paper-free and want your VAT invoice
- Sign into My BT Business account
- From Overview click on the View bill button for the bill you want the VAT invoice for
- From the top right-hand corner select VAT summary
- You'll now see an online version of your VAT summary - to get a copy of the VAT invoice (for tax and HMRC purposes), look at the Important Information box and click on the download in PDF link at the bottom of the box
- Click the PDF radio button on the pop-up that appears
- Click Download
- Click Open