You can change the greeting the callers hear in several ways, depending on how the call is answered.
If the Auto Attendant answers your calls:
- Record a temporary or holiday Non-Business greeting and change the Business open setting from Yes to No.
- Please be careful not to delete any existing greetings, as greetings 1-4 may already be recorded.
- Also remember to change the Business open setting from No to Yes when you want your Auto Attendant to play your day time greetings.
To change the Auto Attendant Greetings, please refer to Chapter 5 and page 43, in the CallPilot Administration guide:
To change your existing Non-Business greeting to play a new holiday or temporary Greeting:
- Change the new temporary Non-Business greeting number in the Greeting table. Remember the existing greeting number as you will need to change this setting back later.
If your Non-Business greeting is number 4 and you have recorded a new temporary or holiday greeting as number 5, change the Non-Business greeting from 4 to 5 within the Auto Attendant Greeting table programming.
- Remember to go back into the Auto Attendant greeting table and change the Non-Business greeting from 5 to 4, to play your Non Business close greeting.
Please refer to Chapter 5 and page 46, in the CallPilot Administration guide:
Please change the Operator settings within the Call Pilot from Business open to Business closed.
This will play your Non-Business greeting continuously.
Please remember to go back into the CallPilot Operator settings and change the setting from Business closed to Business open.
This will start to play day and night greetings as per the scheduled times in the Auto Attendant greeting table.
Please refer to Chapter 9 page 94 in the CallPilot Administration guide:
If your call is passed to a mailbox - Then record and play an alternative greeting:
- Open your mailbox in the usual way by pressing Feature 981.
- Enter your password.
- Press Admin or 8.
- Press Greet or 2.
- Press Choose or 2.
- Press Alt (If an alternative greeting has not been recorded you will be asked to record one).
- Press Rls.
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents.