To reset a mailbox password you need to enter the Voicemail System Administration.
From a 2 line display Norstar telephone, M7310(n) or M7324(n):
- Press Feature 983. The display reads Log:
- Enter the system coordinators mailbox number and password.
The system coordinators mailbox number depends on how many digits your extension numbers are.
2 digit extension numbers then mailbox number is 12
3 digit extension numbers then mailbox number is 102
4 digit extension numbers then mailbox number is 1002
- The default password is four zero's, 0000
- The display reads Admin with 3 options - MBOX, AA, OTHR. Press MBOX
- The display reads Mailbox Admin with 3 options - ADD, DEL, CHNG. Press CHNG
- The display reads MBOX: with 2 options - DIR, QUIT
- Enter the mailbox number you wish to reset.
- The display reads Password: with 2 options - RESET, NEXT. Press RESET
- The display reads Password reset.
- Press Rls.
The password has now been reset to four zero's.
When the user accesses their mailbox they will be requested to change the password.
If you are unable to access System Administration, there may be a problem with either your system or coordinators password.
- If the display reads Password: after you enter Feature 983 there is a problem with your system and you should contact the Norstar Adviceline to report the problem to one of our specialists. You'll find their details by clicking the contact us link on this page.
- If the display reads Log: after you enter Feature 983, and you have entered the correct system coordinators mailbox number & password E.G. 102 and 0000 then the default password has been changed.
To reset the coordinators mailbox password to default 0000:
- Press Feature 985 followed by 9 73738767793
- Press OK
- Press Yes
The password has now been reset to 0000.
Try to enter the System Administration again, if you are still having problems please contact the Norstar Adviceline. You'll find their details by clicking the contact us link on this page.