The Class of Service (CLS) relating to the display feature on an extension can be one of the following:
- Automatic Digit Display (ADD) - incoming calls will display on arrival providing that the extension is not an ACD set.
- Delay Digit Display (DDD) - incoming calls will not display until the call is answered.
- No Digit Display (NDD) - the set is programmed for no display, usually set if the telephone is a 2006, 2008 or 2616 without a display, in this circumstance Key 7 can be used as a standard key as it will not be required for the display programming options.
- Tandem Digit Display (TDD) - this allows an incoming call to display even if the set is programmed as an ACD agent.
Selecting Key 7 on a set with the display allowed gives the extension user the opportunity to customise the display and sound levels of their telephone.
- Format of the time and date.
- Language selection.
- Ring volume settings.
What programming options are available regarding information displayed upon my Meridian digital telephone? for various display options on a digital extension.