Yes, by using the Set Relocation.
When activated this allows you to move any digital telephone to a new location without losing the directory number, autodial settings, personal speed dial codes, and any programming for that telephone.
Note - When Set relocation is activated the Business Communications Manager detects when you unplug a telephone and gives all that telephones settings to the first telephone you plug back in, if you are moving several telephones around at the same time we suggest swapping them 2 at a time so there is no confusion as to which set was unplugged first.
To activate Set relocation:
- Open Business Communications Manager click on Configure
- Log in to Unified Manager
- Click and open Services
- Click and open Telephony Services
- Click and open General Setting
- Click and highlight Feature Settings
- Click on the set relocation setting and change to Y or N.
If you deactivate Set relocation and move a telephone, the internal number and programming data remain with the physical extension port on Business Communications Manager. When you connect the telephone somewhere else, it does not receive the original programming.