Your broadband is active but your Hub can't connect to it. Try:
- Checking your broadband service status.
- Restart your Hub by unplugging the power cable and plugging it in again.
- If the Internet light is still red after a few minutes, check your Openreach modem to make sure it's working. See what do the lights on the Openreach modem mean?
- Open a browser on your computer and go to http://home/
- Click on Broadband and Link Configuration.
- Check or re-enter the
username, in the format Axxxxxx@hgxx.btclick.com and
password from your welcome email or letter.
These were sent to you when you ordered your service. If you can't find them, you'll need to get in touch. You'll find contact details by clicking on the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of the page on Get help with your BT Business Hub 2 - 2700 or 2701.
- Choose an Interface type either Automatic Ethernet/DSL or Ethernet.
- Check Connection Type is set to PPPOE and click Save.
- Enter your password and save.
If you've forgotten the password, you'll need to reset it with a hint for the future, and complete the steps above again.
If the Internet light is still red, keep your computer switched on and get in touch. You'll find contact details by clicking on the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of the page on Get help with your BT Business Hub 2 - 2700 or 2701.