This is done by using the System Terminal access via a VT220 TTY terminal emulator. The overlays can be accessed as well as application modules i.e. Meridian Mail.
- Login to the application.
- Select the required system from the Navigator window.
- In the System Window, select Maintenance from the menu.
- Select System Terminal. A box appears. Select VT220.
- A new window will appear. Press Enter (Carriage Return), the system can now be directly accessed.
- You will see OVL 111 IDLE. Login to the system and enter ax or if you also have MIRAN then enter ax 8.
- Login to mail in the usual way and carry out your programming, when complete, log out of mail.
- To return to the system hold down CTRL and press ] (SL1 will appear on the screen).
- Logout of the system and close the access window.
Only trained system administrators can make these changes:
learn how to get trained