Setting up a POP3 account, using Microsoft Office 365 in Mac Mail:
- Launch mail and then select Preferences from the Mail application menu.
- A window should appear showing all email accounts that are set up to work with Mail.
If the window doesn't appear, click on the Accounts icon at the top of the window.
- Select the plus button (+) at the bottom of the Accounts pane to add a new account.
- From the below screen choose Add Other Mail Account and click the Continue button
- The below screen will then appear. Enter in your details and click the Create button.
- You should then get a screen similar to the below saying that the account will need to be manually configured. Click the Next button.
- The next page will be incoming server info. Check the mail server is the same as the below and your username is your full email address and click
- The next page will be outgoing server info. Check the mail server is the same as the below and your username is your full email address and click
- Your email account should now be setup and ready to use. Close the Preferences window and get started.
In summary your server settings should be:
Incoming Server Settings
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 995
- Encryption method: SSL
Outgoing Server Settings
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: SSL/TLS
- SMTP authentication: ticked
- Authentication: your password
If you have software OS X 10.9 follow these steps:
- Follow steps 1 - 3 above.
- Select account type as (other account).
- Enter your details.
- The account will now be checked and you'll be informed that the Account must be manually configured.
- Make sure the tab for POP is selected and replace pop3.btconnect.com with outlook.office365.com and click Next.
- Replace smtp.btconnect.com with smtp.office365.com and click Create.
- Close the setting window and start using your account.