To register your handset insert your SIM and turn on your BlackBerry.
Your handset should show GPRS, EDGE or 3G in the upper right hand corner of the Home screen, next to the signal strength bars.
However, if your status shows e.g. gprs, edge or 3g (except OFF) please follow the steps below:-
- Press the Menu button and select Maximise Panel.
- Select Options (the spanner icon - actual design may vary).
- Select Device.
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Select Host Routing Table.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Register Now. The message Registration message sent! is displayed.
- Turn your handset off by pressing and holding the Power/End Call button.
- Remove the battery.
- Wait for at least fifteen (15) seconds then re-assemble your handset. The handset will boot automatically.
- You should have GPRS, EDGE or 3G in the top right hand corner of your screen. This is the data connection - when it is in upper case it confirms you have a connection with the BlackBerry data server.
Once your handset is registered, you can now set up your handset.