You use your broadband network login details to connect to your BT Business Broadband service. If you've got a router (Business Hub) from us, you don't need to worry about them. You just connect it up and off you go.
But if you're using a third party router you'll need to enter your broadband network username and password into the router yourself.
If you're not sure how to do this, take a look at the manufacturer's website or the user guide that came with the router.
How to find your broadband network username and password
When you ordered your broadband we emailed you your details. But if you can't find the email, that's fine. Follow these steps and you'll have them in a jiffy -
- Sign in to your BT Business account (if you haven't set one up, you'll need to register first).
- Go on the Manage services tab, if you're not already.
Router settings (it's in the Your account settings box).
If you don't see it you'll need to get in touch. Find our contact details by clicking the contact us link on this page.
- In the Router settings page you'll see your broadband network user name (it's in the 'ID' box).
- For security, we don't display your password so you'll need to reset it. Click Change router password.
- Save your changes.
- Your password has now changed and you're ready to go!