The BT Business Hub 3 has a smart wireless feature which ensures you maintain a good connection to all your wireless devices.
When your Hub is first turned on it monitors all the available wireless channels and then chooses between channel 1, 6 or 11 depending on which has the least congestion and interference. This way, you automatically get the channel with the best reception.
The Hub keeps on monitoring the channel it has chosen and if interference increases to such an extent that it is likely to cause a problem, it will automatically switch to a better channel.
It does this automatic channel selection up to three times every 24 hours. But if you feel you're not getting the best wireless performance from your Hub, you can force it to do a refresh - scanning the channels again and choosing the best one.
To do a channel refresh, simply:
- Open your web browser, type http://btbusinesshub.home or 192.168.1.254 and press Enter.
- If this is the first time you have visited the Hub Manager you'll be asked to change the password.
- Click on Settings and enter your password if required.
- Click on Wireless.
- In the Wireless Channel section click on Refresh.
- The Hub will check the wireless channels and after about a minute will have chosen the best one.
We think it's better using Refresh rather than selecting an individual wireless channel yourself. Manually selecting a channel will turn off Smart Wireless and if the channel you've chosen then experiences any interference, you may end up with poor wireless performance.