If you're trying to set up your email on the Nokia Lumia but it's telling you that 'settings cannot be found', follow these simple steps:
- If you haven't already done so, please try:
- Check that you've got the right username and password
- Make sure you're inputting the details correctly
- If that doesn't work, click Advanced Setup
- You then have two options to choose from:
Exchange ActiveSync or
Exchange ActiveSync - Click this option if you're using Microsoft Exchange for your email. This option will mean that your mobile will synchronise your email, email contacts, and calendar changes with your Microsoft Exchange account on your computer.
Complete these fields on the screen:
- Email address
Your email provider will be able to give you your Domain and Server details, if you don't know them already.
Do not take the tick out of the 'Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection' tick-box.
Internet email - Click this option if you're using a web-based email service like Yahoo.
Complete these fields on the screen (you'll need to scroll down your screen to get to the last couple):
- Account name: this is the name that will appear against your email account. This is really useful when you've set up more than one email account on your mobile as you'll be able to tell them apart easily.
- Your name (this will be the 'friendly name'): this is an easy-to-read name that you'll see instead of your full email address when you're selecting which account you want to send an email from. It's easier to use friendly names instead of multiple (lengthy) email addresses when you have more than one email account on your mobile.
- Incoming email server: you can find the name of your incoming email server from your email provider. BT Connect is outlook.office365.com
- Account type: this will be either POP3 or IMAP4 - check you're the settings of your email account if you're not sure.
- Outgoing (SMTP) Email Server: you can find the name of your outgoing email server from your email provider. BT Connect is smtp.office365.com
- Click Sign in and the process is finished - your emails will start to download on to your mobile right away.