This article will show you how to go about setting up your android device for BT Lite email, please be aware that as there are multiple versions of the Android OS (operating system) some steps may be slightly different on your device. This article was written for Android Lollipop.
- Go to the Settings menu and from there find and click on Accounts.
- From there click Add account.
- Then click Email.
- Enter your email address and password and click Manual Setup.
Then choose POP3.
- At this point most Android devices will automatically fill out the rest of the settings; we just need to double check these. If you have an older device you will need to enter the next steps manually.
The manual settings are as follows:-
Server – outlook.office365.com
Port – 995
Connection type – ssl
Server - smtp.office365.com
Port – 587
Connection type – tls
Authentication – on
The following screenshots will show you where to enter the info.
- Keep clicking Next and that’s the setup complete.
Now send a test message to ensure it's all working. If you have any issues with this please don’t hesitate to contact us.