Follow the steps below to set up Exchange ActiveSync on an Android mobile phone:
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Select account, then select New account
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select
- Domain\Username: enter your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and enter your full email address in the Username box.
- On some versions of Android, you need to use the domain\username format. For example, if your e-mail address is email@example.com enter mycompany.com\firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username is your full email address.
- Password: use the password that you use to access your account.
Exchange Server: use outlook.office365.com if you have your email with us.
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the
Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device. The options may include the following:
- Email checking frequency: the default value is 'Automatic' (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize: this is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several options, including one day, three days, and one week.
- Notify me when email arrives: if you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account: if you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and to start using your account.
You may need to wait up to fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.