If a primary / alternate set greeting has already been recorded but you need to get back to the default greeting you'll need to delete two voicemail files.
Similarly, if the primary / alternate set greeting has been overwritten and a backup is not available prior to the changes, your alternatives are, to either rebuild the system, or use the following steps, to default it.
To get back to the default system greeting (auto-attendant greeting):
- FTP to the IP address of the 3300 controller.
- Enter your username and password.
- Navigate to the prompts directory, by typing cd /vmail/c/vm/prompts
- This will display various languages. Change to the directory that your using e.g. english.uk
- Delete any files of the following type:
pday.vox, or pday*.vox (where * is a numeric value e.g. 2)
pnite.vox or pnite*.vox (where * is a numeric value e.g. 2)
- Your system will now return to the default system greeting.