If you're migrating to our new mobile service and using an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus then you need to make sure that your phone is using software version 8.1 or above. This will mean that when you move to our new mobile service, the settings you need to make your phone work properly on the new service will automatically be updated.
If you're migrating to our new service using an original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, or an iPhone 4 these settings won't be automatically updated on your handset, as these phones are no longer supported by Apple. If you want to use one of these on the new service you should follow the steps below to manually update your settings. If you’re a BT One Phone customer, your settings are slightly different, click here.
If you're using one of the older iPhones on our new service the following functionality won't be available:
- Personal hotspot
- Short code dialling for voicemail (you'll have to call 1571 or 8888 on BT One Phone)
Before you start the download, you'll need to remove any existing configuration files you've previously installed. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.
- Connect your iPhone to the internet (using wi-fi if you don't already have mobile internet access).
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Go to www.bt.com/business/iphonesettings
- From your iPhone, not your computer, click on the link below to download the configuration file.
Download the iPhone config file here >
This file only contains the settings you need to get online. We've digitally signed it so you can be sure it's safe.
- Click Install.
- Click Install Now.
- If asked, enter your devices Pin number.
- It's now installed. Click Done (you'll return to your browser).
After 30 seconds you'll be able to get on the internet over BT's Mobile Network. Sometimes things don't go smoothly and if that's the case, make sure you check out our FAQs.