You can manually back up the data on your BlackBerry device at any time. By default, BlackBerry Link backs up all of the data on your device.
Back up your device data
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
- Click the icon.
- In the Settings view, click General, select the frequency and the data you want to include.
- Then, in the left pane, click Back Up Now.
Restore your device data
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- In the Settings view, in the left pane, click Restore Data.
- Click Restore from backup file.
- Do one of the following:
- To restore all of the data in a backup file to your device, click a backup file.
- To restore specific data in a backup file to your device, click a backup file. Clear the Restore all data checkbox. Select the checkbox beside one or more databases that you want to restore.
- To restore data from a backup file that is not listed, click Open another backup folder. Navigate to the .bbb file or .ipd file. Click OK.
- Click Restore Data.