The guide below will take you through accessing Mitel's web interface tool, known as ESM (Embedded System Management), after upgrading to Internet Explorer 10. This may have taken place automatically if your browser is set to install new versions automatically.
Internet Explorer 10 is not supported by Mitel's ESM and you may receive the following when attempting to access it:
- Login screen appears on the left hand side of the page rather than in the centre.
- After entering the Login ID and password, a dialog box stating "A system error has occurred. Please note the action attempted and contact Mitel Technical Support" appears when attempting to access the Desktop or Group Administration Tools.
- After entering the Login ID and password, a dialog box stating "A system error has occurred. Please note the following information and contact Technical Support. The parameter is incorrect" appears when attempting to access the System Administration Tool.
To continue using Internet Explorer 10, enable Compatibility View by following the steps below:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select the Tools option from the menu toolbar. If this does not appear, press the Alt key.
- Navigate to Compatibility View Settings.
- Tick the option for Display all websites in Compatibility View or alternatively add the Mitel's IP address to Compatibility View. You should prefix this with https:// for example https://192.168.1.2 where 192.168.1.2 is the IP address of your Mitel system.
- Close Compatibility View and attempt to login again.
Note: If you're still having issues accessing the ESM tool, and you've completed the above steps please clear your cache, exit Internet Explorer and try again. If the issues persist, you should raise a fault with your system maintainer so this can be investigated further.
Internet Explorer 10 will be officially supported by Mitel Communications Director Release 6.0 SP2 - this is scheduled for release in October 2013.