You can transfer or back up your contacts to either a SIM card or a SD card (or vice versa). Simply follow the steps below:
- From the front screen select Contacts.
- Press the Menu key (bottom left of phone).
- Select Import/Export.
- To export choose either:
Export to SIM card and select all or tick individual contacts to be saved
Export to USB storage, to copy your contacts to the SD card. Make a note of the file name
- To import, simply choose the relevant import option and follow the steps.
- Select OK to continue.
- Export to SIM card will only back up mobile numbers. It will not back up email addresses or other details.
- If contacts already exist on the SIM then Export to SIM card does not show.
To do a full back up see
How to back up or sync your phone using Samsung Kies.