If you're having trouble connecting to Kies, follow these steps:
Troubleshooting Kies on your Windows PC
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and launch Kies.
- Click Troubleshoot connection error.
- Click Start to run the troubleshooting process.
- Kies will Initialize the connection history - it could take a while.
- When it's finished, click Complete.
- Connect your phone to your PC and try again.
Troubleshooting Kies on your Mac
- Disconnect your phone from the MAC and launch Kies.
- In the Menu bar, click Tools.
- Then Install driver.
- Click Yes to continue with the installation.
- Connect your phone to the Mac and try again.
If you're still having connection issues, you could try the following:
- Remove all previously installed Samsung software or drivers from your PC.
- Make sure you are using an official Samsung USB cable.
- Try a different USB port and avoid using USB docks and hubs.
- Reboot computer after installing Kies.
- Keep only one version of Kies installed on your system. Uninstall any previous versions of Kies & reinstall the current one.
- Kies requires the use of USB 2.0 or higher. Windows® Vista and Windows 7 systems are okay but Windows XP users need to make sure that Service Pack 3 is installed. Consult with Microsoft or the manufacturer of your PC for more information.
- Kies is not guaranteed to work properly on rooted devices.
If you're still having problems please contact Samsung as we don't support Samsung Kies.
Microsoft ends its support for Windows XP, find out more.