If you're having trouble connecting to Kies, follow these steps:
Troubleshooting Kies on your Windows PC
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and launch Kies.
- Click Troubleshoot connection error.
- Click Start to run the troubleshooting process.
- Kies will Initialise the connection history - it could take a while.
- When it's finished, click Complete.
- Connect your phone to your PC and try again.
Troubleshooting Kies on your Mac
- Disconnect your phone from the MAC and launch Kies.
- In the Menu bar, click Tools.
- Then Install driver.
- Click Yes to continue with the installation.
- Connect your phone to the Mac and try again.
If you're still having connection issues, you could try the following:
- Remove all previously installed Samsung software or drivers from your PC.
- Make sure you are using an official Samsung USB cable.
- Try a different USB port and avoid using USB docks and hubs.
- Reboot computer after installing Kies.
- Keep only one version of Kies installed on your system. Uninstall any previous versions of Kies & reinstall the current one.
- Kies requires the use of USB 2.0 or higher. Windows® Vista and Windows 7 systems are ok. Consult with Microsoft or the manufacturer of your PC for more information.
- Kies is not guaranteed to work properly on rooted devices.
If you're still having problems please contact Samsung as we don't support Samsung Kies.