The points below highlight the key elements that need to be considered within the design of a destination page to support an effective search marketing pay per Click (PPC) campaign:
- Relevant and original content
- Easy to find what your ad promotes, ie to make sure the page is relevant
- Original and unique content
- Avoid image heavy content (which cannot be 'read' by Google's spiders)
- Keep the design consistent across your site, eg the layout, colour scheme etc.
- Clear calls to action
- Well organised and clearly laid out with good navigation
- Easy for users to find what they are looking for
- Easy for users to buy your products and services (if you offer online sales)
- Avoid pop-ups
- Quick page load time
- Clear and short enquiry forms (only ask for the most important information)
- Compatibility with all popular web browsers
- Test different colours / images / page layouts / content / promotions
Track both conversions and user behaviour on your site. Tracking solutions such as 'index tools', 'Google Analytics' and 'Google conversion tracking' can be used in conjunction with BT Search Marketing campaigns.