How do I listen to my voicemail messages?
- Call 1571 from your mobile.
- Listen to the recorded announcement which plays the first time you access your voicemail, and follow the voice prompts.
How do I choose which calls go to voicemail?
Your voicemail has standard forwarding settings. Calls will be sent to your voicemail when:
- you don't answer the call
- your mobile is switched off
- you're on another call
- you're in areas with less mobile coverage
You can manage which calls are sent to your voicemail by dialling the relevant short code from the table below, and calling it:
|Forwarding calls to voicemail||Activate||Deactivate||Check status|
|Forward all calls||**21*+447953222222#||##21#||*#21#|
|Forward if busy||**67*+447953222222#||##67#||*#67#|
|Forward if unanswered||**61*+447953222222#||##61#||*#61#|
|Out of reach (off or no signal)||**62*+447953222222#||##62#||*#62#|
Can I change the time it takes before my calls are forwarded to voicemail?
Yes. You can change the time it takes before your calls are forwarded to voicemail to a maximum of 30 seconds, in denominations of 5 seconds. Simply call **61*+447953222222*11*no. of seconds# e.g. **61*+447953222222*11*5# for 5 seconds.
How do I listen to my voicemail messages from another phone?
From a phone not using the EE network - Call +44 7953 222222 and then follow the message prompts to listen to your voicemail messages from another phone. You'll need to have set up a voicemail PIN, see Can I listen to my messages from outside the UK? below for more information.
From a phone using the EE network - Call +44 7953 222222 and interrupt the message prompts by pressing * then enter your mobile number and voicemail PIN. For more information on how to set up your voicemail PIN, see Can I listen to my messages from outside the UK? below for more information.
Can I listen to my messages from outside the UK?
Yes. All you need to check your voicemail from abroad is a PIN, which is easy to set up. Just follow these simple steps:
- Call your voicemail before you leave.
- Choose option 3, then press 3 and follow the instructions about changing your PIN.
- Enter a number between 4 and 10 digits. Try to make it something you'll remember easily.
You can then check your messages by calling your voicemail from your BT Business Mobile phone or by calling from any other phone and dialling +44 7953 222222. Just enter your PIN when asked.
Can I save my voicemail messages?
You can store up to 150 minutes of voicemail messages, each up to 7 minutes long.
- New and unread messages are stored for up to 28 days
- Read messages are stored for 7 days
- Saved messages are stored for 7 days and can be re-saved for another 7 days