Most mobiles come with menu commands to help you manage calls, such as call waiting and the ability to forward your calls to another phone. Here are some features which are available on BT Business Mobile.
- How do I stop a person I'm calling from seeing my mobile phone number?
- How do I activate or cancel call waiting?
- How can I forward my calls to another number?
- Can I change the time it takes before my calls are forwarded if unanswered?
- What is Call Return?
How do I stop a person I'm calling from seeing my mobile number?
- Call 141 and then the number you are calling
- This only works in the UK.
How do I activate or cancel call waiting?
Call waiting lets you know someone else is calling you while you're on another call with a soft beeping noise.
- Call *43# To activate call waiting
- Call #43# To cancel call waiting.
How can I forward my calls to another number?
You can send calls to another number, if you don't want to be disturbed or you prefer to take a call on another line. To make use of this functionality simply enter the relevant code from the table below and press call.
|Forwarding calls to another number||Activate||Activation example||Deactivate|
|Forward if busy||**67*no. you want to forward to#||**67*+447953222222#||##67#|
|Forward if unanswered||**61*no. you want to forward to#||**61*+447953222222#||##61#|
Can I change the time it takes before my calls are forwarded if unanswered?
Yes. You can change the time it takes before your calls are forwarded if unanswered to a maximum of 30 seconds, in denominations of 5 seconds.
Simply call **61* [number. you want to forward to] *11* [number of seconds]#
eg **61*18056377249*11*5# for 5 seconds.
What is Call Return?
Call Return is part of your voicemail service that means you can quickly call people back who've left you a message just by pressing the # key.
How does it work?
- As long as your voicemail captured the caller's phone number, you'll be able to use Call Return by pressing # on your phone.
- When you listen to your voicemail menu to pick up your messages, it'll give you the option to use Call Return.
- If the caller withheld their number or they were calling from a number that cannot be ‘Call Returned', then Call Return won't be available.
How much will it cost?
- The actual service doesn't cost anything in itself. It's just part of your voicemail service
- The call that you make using Call Return will be charged as a normal call within your inclusive minutes or from any allowances that you may have within your price plan.
- Call Return will work for international and premium numbers (if your voicemail captures their numbers) if they are part of your price plan.
- You'll see your Call Return calls on your bill as ‘Call Return'.
- Call Return will only work if your voicemail has captured the incoming number.
- It will not be available if the caller withheld their number or called you from a line that doesn't display its number.
Although you can press # at any time while you're listening to your voicemail menu, it will only work if Call Return is available.