If you're using our mobile service with an iPhone 5, 6 or 7 (including 'S' and 'Plus') you need to make sure that your phone is using software (iOS) version 8.1 or above. This will mean that when you connect to our mobile service, the settings you need to make your phone work properly will be automatically updated.
APN SettingsTo make sure your iPhone works correctly on BT One Phone, you'll need to check your APN (or Access Point Name) settings contain the correct information that's needed to make data connections through your phone - especially internet browsing.
In most cases, the BT One Phone APN and MMS (picture) settings are automatically set up in your phone, so you can use mobile data straight away.
If you need to update or check your APN settings for BT One Phone:
- From the Home screen on your iPhone, select Settings
- Select Mobile Data
- Select Mobile Data Options
- Select Mobile Data Network
- Over type the existing settings with the BT One Phone settings (note the settings in bold should already be in there.
Cellular Data APN internet.btonephone.com Username <not set> Password <not set> MMS APN mms.btonephone.com Username <not set> Password <not set> MMSC http://mmsc/ MMS Proxy proxy.btonephone.com:8080 MMS Max Message Size 307200 Personal Hotspot
APN internet.btonephone.com Username <not set> Password <not set>
- Select the Back tab at the top of the screen.
- Press the Home screen then power the handset off and back on.
- Retest using the Safari browser.
We've based the steps above on iOS 10.