Do you need to connect it yourself?
If you've got an appointment for an engineer to come out and install your fibre, you don't need to install the Hub 5 yourself. The engineer will do it for you. We'll send the hub to you a day or so before your engineer appointment.
How to connect the Hub 5 with a double socket
- If you've got a double socket like one of these, connect the broadband cable (grey plug at each end) straight into the BT main socket
- Plug the other end into the Broadband DSL socket on the back of the hub
How to connect the Hub 5 with a standard socket
- If you have a standard single socket, you'll need to use one of the filters that you'll find in the Hub 5 box
- Connect one end of the broadband cable (grey plug at each end) to a filter
- Connect the filter to the BT main phone socket
- Connect the other end of the cable to the port or socket on the hub labelled DSL
- Plug your phone into the other socket on the filter
- Plug your Hub 5 into the power socket and turn it on (the on/off button is on the back of the hub)
- If you want, you can connect a computer directly to the yellow sockets on the back of the Hub 5 using the Ethernet cable that came with it (it’s the one with yellow ends)