So that you don't miss any calls, Call Waiting lets you answer another incoming call while you're already on a call.
If you’re engaged on a call and Call Waiting is on, you'll hear a Call Waiting tone when you get another call. If you want to answer this second call, put the current call on hold using the ‘hold’ key and answer the new call. You'll see each call on your phone; you can toggle between the calls using the ‘hold’ and ‘resume’ keys.
You can join all calls together (creating a three-way call) by pressing the ‘join’ key.
Without Call Waiting on your number, anyone calling when you’re engaged on another call will either hear a busy tone, be diverted to your voicemail (if you have one activated) or be forwarded to another number (again, only if you’ve configured the ‘Call Forward Busy’ feature).
How do I set it up?
Call Waiting is simple to set up. You can do it using a Feature Access Code or the BT Cloud Voice portal ( and – if you use it – with the Cloud Voice Toolbar).
How do I turn it on or off with a Feature Access Code?
- Dial *43 from your handset
- You'll hear a message confirming that Call Waiting has been activated
To switch Call Waiting off, dial #43 from your handset (You'll hear a message again)
How do I set it up with the Cloud Voice portal?
- From the ‘Employees’ menu select who you want to activate Call Waiting for
- Select ’Features’ from the menu on the left-hand side
- Scroll down to ‘Call Waiting’ and move the switch to ‘On’
- To deactivate Call Waiting, move the switch to ‘Off’.
How do I use it with the Cloud Voice Toolbar?
- Click on ‘Services’
- Select Call Waiting from the menu on the left
- Select the ‘On’ button on the right
- Click ‘Apply’
- Call Waiting is now activated