With Call Pickup you can answer a call to anyone within your Call Pickup Group, which is handy if you’re in a team and the caller doesn't care who they speak to in the team as long as they speak to someone.
A Call Pickup Group is essentially a group of extensions on the same site who are allowed (by the administrator) to pick up each other’s calls.
The administrator can set up multiple Call Pickup groups, but you can only be a member of one group.
How do I use it?
From your phone …
If someone else’s phone’s ringing in your group, just dial the Feature Access Code (default *98).
If more than one line in the group is ringing, the call that’s been ringing the longest is picked up first.
Already engaged in a call? No problem. Put your current call on hold, dial the Call Pickup Feature Access Code to answer the incoming call ringing on a another phone within your group, and then toggle between the calls or finish one and continue with the other.
From the Cloud Voice Toolbar …
You can pick up a call through the Toolbar, either when idle or busy on another call. Simply enter the Call Pickup Feature Access Code in the Toolbar Dial window, and then press enter to dial. This will put your current call on hold while you talk to the incoming caller.
How do I set up a Call Pickup Group?
- Login to the BT Cloud Voice portal
- Select ‘Sites’ menu
- From the ‘Employee’ list select who you want to activate ‘Call Director’ for
- Select ’Features’ from the menu on the left hand side
- Select ‘Call Pickup Groups’
- Click ‘Add’
- Enter a name for the group in the ‘Group Name’ box
- From the ‘Available Users’ list tick the people you want to include in the group
- Click ‘Add’ to move the Users to the ‘Assigned Users’ table below
- Click ‘Save’
You can change who’s in a group at any time by clicking the group name in the ‘Call Pickup Groups’ list.