You access voicemail by using the Voice portal.
What is the Voice portal?
First, the Voice portal is a completely different thing to the BT Cloud Voice portal!
The Voice portal is an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application that you can call from any phone on your Site. You use it to manage some of your Cloud Voice features and your Voice mailbox. You'll be able to:
- Manage your Voice mailbox
- Retrieve messages
- Compose, forward, or reply to messages
- Change greetings for ‘Busy’ and ‘No answer’
- Record a personalised name for your mailbox
- Modify passcodes
- Record Auto Attendant announcements (administrators only)
Your site administrator can also use the Voice portal to record new greetings for any of the Site’s Auto Attendants.
How do I use it?
- To access the Voice portal menu dial your mailbox number, the number of the Site Voice portal, or a configurable Feature Access Code (default is *62).
You can set up your access so you’re automatically logged in to the portal every time you call it (avoiding the need to quote your passcode every time). Just check the ‘Auto-login to voice portal if calling from own phone’ option. You can enable or disable auto-login to the Voice portal whenever you fancy.
- Once connected to the Voice Portal you'll be asked for your mailbox (extension) number (unless you're calling from your own phone) and passcode.
- The first time you access it a wizard will help you -
- Change your passcode on first use (or after the administrator has reset it)
- Record a personalised name
What are the passcode rules?
- Must be 4-6 digits in length
- Weak passcodes are not allowed:
- Repeated digits (for example: 11111 or 22222)
- Sequential digits, either ascending or descending (for example: 1234, 4321)
- Repeated sequences, either ascending or descending (for example: 234234 or 432432)
- Your own extension number
- Your own extension number reversed
- You can't use the same passcode (or reversal of it) twice
- Change your passcode every 60 days (you'll hear a voice prompt when it's expired)
- The Voice portal will lock you out after 5 unsuccessful login attempts in a row. When locked out, your Voice portal account must be reset by the administrator.