Use 'Series Completion'. It's like a hunt group, but different.
You can create a ‘call forward on busy chain’ that searches for a free line from a specified list of agents. When a call finds that an agent on the list is busy, the call overflows to the next agent on the list until it finds a free agent or reaches the end of the list.
Hunt groups distribute calls evenly and to specific numbers.
How do I set it up?
- Login to the BT Cloud Voice portal
- Select the ‘Sites’ menu
- Select your site
- Select ’Features’
- Select ‘Series Completion’
- Click ‘Configure’
- Click ‘Add’ and select the users you want to add to your ‘busy chain’
- Click ‘Save’ when you’re through
Anything I should know?
Yes, there's a few characteristics of Series Completion that you should be aware of -
- An agent’s own ‘busy’ settings will override Series Completion
- If all agents are busy, callers will get an engaged tone
- Series Completion overrides any ‘Do Not Disturb’ you may have on any of the numbers in the series
- You must turn off Call Waiting for all of the agents in the series