Nominet is the domain name registry company in the UK for .uk, .cymru, and .wales top-level domains.
The DNS (Domain Name System) is how the internet converts alphabetic names into numeric IP (Internet Protocol) addresses. For example, when you type a URL (internet address) into a browser, DNS servers translate it into the IP address of the web server associated with that URL. And so you get the web page that you re after.
Who do I contact about problems with my domain name?
If you are a BTnet customer, please email the BT DNS team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a BT Business broadband customer with a domain name issue, please read our DNS FAQs.
We’ll get back to you within 2 working days and we’ll answer your query within 5 working days.
We’ll get back to you within 2 working days and we’ll answer your complaint within 5 working days.
- To help us get to the bottom of your complaint as soon as possible, please tell us as much detail as you can about it.
- If you're not satisfied with our response, please email email@example.com explaining why you're not satisfied.
- If you're still not satisfied after we've reviewed your complaint and our response, you can escalate your complaint direct to Nominet.
Internet abuse (phishing, spam, and so on)
We’ll investigate immediately and get back to you within 1 working day.
Posting documents to us
Please post any documentation to:
Mr R. Elliott
Who do I contact about my contract and charges?
Your account manager will be able to tell you about:
- Charges for registration, renewal, and maintenance
- The terms of your contract
How do I renew my domain name contract?
We will automatically renew your domain name 14 days before it’s due to expire.
If you don't renew your domain name before its expiry date, you'll have a 30-day protected period to renew it. After 30 days, we'll suspend the domain name. After 90 days, we’ll cancel it.
If you want to move your domain name, please tell us at least 21 days before your move date.